Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A Letter to My Valentine

To my Dearest Valentine,

I have been thinking about you a lot lately. In fact, I find myself thinking about you more and more every day. I can’t get you out of my mind, or off of my heart. I find myself falling more and more in love with you every time I think about you. The thing that makes me love you the most is the fact that you have continued loving me, even when I didn’t love you like I ought. Thank you for not giving up on me when I was not completely faithful to you. You have continued to woo me and draw me closer to yourself this last year, and I find myself loving you more now than I ever have before.

I am sorry for loving other things more than you, and for putting what I want before what you desire for me to have. You are everything I have ever dreamed of in a loved-one. You are patient, you are humble, you are smart, you have a good sense of humor, and you have a great love for children. You have such a great servant’s heart, and are willing to humble yourself to the point of washing others’ feet. You are my prince charming, my knight in shining armor, my hero.

I cannot think of anyone else with whom I would rather spend the rest of my life. Walk beside me, and show me how I can love you more, and how I can demonstrate my love for you more. Show me more ways that I can serve you. Thank you for taking me by the hand and leading me through life. Thank you for loving me unconditionally. You are my dearest friend. I am so thankful that you are a friend that I can pour my whole heart out to. I can tell you anything anytime I want to. No matter what I say, it will not make you stop loving me. You are the only one who knows every thought, feeling, hurt, joy, and comfort that I have. You alone can make sense of my mixed emotions. Nothing is hidden from you, and I am glad to have a friend like you that I can confide in. You are my comforter when no one else knows or understands how I am hurting.

You have promised to never leave me, and you have never broken that promise. There have been times when I thought you had, but then I turned around, and there you were, standing right beside me just as you promised. You have told me that loving you would not be easy. It could mean others looking down on me. It could mean others mocking me. It could mean others killing me because of my love for you, but none of those things matter to me. If it means death, I will still never stop loving you. I know there are going to be days in the future where I do not love you as much, and may even doubt your love for me, and I ask for your forgiveness in advance for those days. I know you will never stop loving me!

I look forward to spending the rest of my life with you, and in fact all of eternity, learning more and more about you, and growing to love you even more! Thank you for loving me so much that you gave your own life for mine! I deserved to die, but because you loved me so much, you took my place! Thank you for rising from the dead and conquering death! Thank you for being my valentine, Jesus. I love you very much, and I hope to grow more and more in that love every day. Happy Valentine’s Day, Jesus!

Love with all my heart, soul, mind, & strength,

Faith Christine


1 comment:

  1. So sweet, Faith! I love thinking about Him as my Valentine - truly, He is the most wonderful Valentine any girl could ever ask for.
    Love you,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete