Thursday, February 9, 2012

Faith that moves mountains

This last year, the Lord has really been working in my life, in the area of my faith. I have recently been reading through the gospels, and I see the many times where Jesus says that if we pray in faith,  not doubting, that He will grant our petition. I have also seen many times where Jesus commends someone on their great faith. Today, I was reading in the book of Luke, the story of the centurion, who felt so unworthy to even approach Jesus himself, that he sent others to ask Jesus to heal his servant. "Wow" I thought. Why can I not have this kind of humility? He felt too unworthy to even speak to Jesus in person, or to have Him enter his household. He sent by messenger and said to Jesus that he knew that Jesus was a man of authority, and that if He spoke the word, his servant would be healed.

So I ask myself, do I have this kind of faith? How do we obtain such faith? It is something with which I have been struggling. I want to live up to my name "Faith Christine" to be a Christian of great faith, but I find my faith very weak. But, do I have to have a lot of faith? Jesus says that if we even have as much faith as a mustard seed, then we could move mountains. I want faith that can move mountains.

This has been a long process for me, and the Lord is slowly growing my faith. I find that I just have to decide to step out and ask God to do something, to glorify His name, and to strengthen my faith. He has done some things recently that have grown my faith in Him, and make me want to trust Him more.

So, I leave you with these thoughts. Do you want to have faith that can move mountains? If you do, just ask Him, and He will give it to you. It may be slow and gradual, but He will give it to you.

Because of His blood,
Faith Christine
Galatians 2:20; 1 Corinthians 15:10

No comments:

Post a Comment