Friday, December 21, 2012

Christmas Recital 2012

It's been over a month since I posted on my blog, but I just wanted to give a quick update on some things that have been happening recently. The most recent event is that my mom and I had a joint music recital for our students last night (12/20/12). It was a wonderful time! I have six students now, four violin and two piano students. I was SO proud of every single last one of them last night!

It's always different going to a recital as a teacher than as a student. In fact, I think it's harder. Because I feel that how your students do can reflect on your teaching. So I held my breath through each of my students songs, but I was so proud of each one of them, who each did such an awesome job!! So to all my precious students, your teacher is very proud! (I guess you needed to hear that just one more time...)

Here are my amazing students!
(Left to right, back to front) Jacob (violin), Angel (violin), Me, Stephanie (violin), Hailey (violin), Stacey (piano), Alexis (piano).
 
Didn't get a chance to get a picture with Alexis, but just wanted to say a quick word. Alexis is 9, and she has been taking since about April/May, and I started her from the beginning, and she has made quick progress! I can always tell that she comes to lessons well practiced. She's very quiet, so it's extra fun when I can get a smile or laugh out of her. I can tell she really loves to play, and even laughs at her own mistakes. It is such a delight to teach such a sweet little girl. 

Here is my sweet student Stacey, who is 9 years old. I started teaching her around early summer this year, and she is my first transfer student. Accepting a transfer student was a little nerve racking for me, because you never know how she was taught by the previous teacher. But when I had that first interview/placement session with her, I was blown away and so impressed about how far she had already come. Stacey's family just moved here from India at the end of last school year. She is such a little joy for me to teach, and we always have so much fun during our lessons (or I definitely do anyway). I can't wait to see where the years of teaching this precious little girl are going to go! She is already at the beginning intermediate level, and only 9, so I am ecstatic to see where she will be by high school age. Anyway, can't say enough about this sweet little girl. Also a plus is having her little sister come in on occasions and watch me teach her.

Jacob is 12, and took lessons from me for about 2 years, and then had to stop for a semester, but picked violin lessons back up this semester. I am so glad he did, as it is such a delight to teach him. He also takes piano from my mother. He has become my first student to change sizes in violins. When he left, he was playing a 3/4, and when he came back, I realized right away, he was no longer such a little boy, and definitely needed a 4/4. He is progressing so well, especially since he has having to adapt to a new size of violin. Always so sweet, and quick to do whatever I ask him to do. I look forward to the years ahead with Jacob!
 

Angel is 14, and also another student that takes piano from my mother. She has been taking lessons from me for 1 1/2 years now. She is just like her name. Such a sweet angel during her lessons. We have a lot of great conversations, and fun, but she's always ready to buckle down when we need to get started with the lesson. I'm so proud of the progress she is making, especially since she not only plays the piano and violin, but also plays the flute in band. Three instruments is not easy at all, and I don't know if I'll have her forever, but while I do, I sure am enjoying it!!
 
Last, and certainly not least, here are my sweet little friends, Stephanie and Hailey. They are not only my students, but also like extra little sisters to me. These two little sisters are both adopted into a sweet family at church. When their mom asked me this summer if I could teach them, I was more than thrilled to take up the "challenge"! They started taking lessons in September, and it has been SO much fun! Stephanie (left) is 6, and is so enthusiastic about playing the violin. She aspires someday to play in an orchestra. Hailey (right) is 8, and she really loves coming to lessons, which always makes my job as a teacher so much more fun. Both of them are so sweet, and bring a special joy to my week with their "little girl giggles". I give them group lessons right now, and just recently, their "little girl giggles" became contagious, and had me laughing too. I'm always thrilled to get the young students, because then they get to grow up knowing you. I can't wait for the many years ahead teaching these precious little girls!! And it's also SO fun to be able to go to the same church as them, and get those precious little hugs multiple times a week. Having known them for several years, and watching these girls grow up, both of these precious girls have found a special place in my heart, and I can't wait to see what God has for them in the future!

So, there's just a special little highlight from this week. I look forward to picking lessons back up in full swing after I get back from Taiwan, and will definitely miss it while I'm gone. Have a great weekend, and a very merry CHRIST-filled CHRISTmas, because CHRISTmas is all about Jesus!! Stay strong in Jesus!!

Because of Jesus' Blood,
Faith Christine
Galatians 2:20; 1 Corinthians 15:10

No comments:

Post a Comment