Saturday, November 3, 2012

30 days of Thanksgiving - #2

And here is my post for today (November 2nd). A few things that happened today for which I am very thankful.

#1: My passport came in the mail today! It hasn't even been two whole weeks since I sent in my application, and it's here! With the little bit of trouble I went through to get my passport, I was so thankful to see this in the mail today, and WAY ahead of when I thought it was going to be!! Praise God for even working out the small things for me! Now it is legal for me to leave the country!

And yay for a decent passport photo! I hate the photo on my driver's license, so am glad for a nice photo on my passport!! That made me happy!
 
 
#2: Thankful for fresh goats' milk, that tastes wonderful, and gives me the calcium I need to keep me strong. This may seem like a little insignificant thing, but when you start drinking it, and then you can't drink it for a while, and have to switch to Almond milk, or store bought goats' milk....
The fresh goats' milk we get just tastes so much better!
 
 
#3: Thankful for a new swing set!! My dad bought this awesome swing set, that he, along with some of our assistance, assembled today! This is Hope and Arthur working on it. I pointed out to my dad that this swing set was even courtship appropriate, since you can't sit right next to eachother because of the table in the middle. Thankful for a swing set to go and sit on in the backyard to have a Bible study on, or just a quiet place to think, or to study school.
 
 
#4: A beautiful big new cauliflower from our backyard! We have been working on a garden, and to see such beautiful produce from it is quite a blessing to us!
 
 
#5: Homemade, 100% healthy, chocolate-oatmeal-applesauce-raisin cookies! With trying to go sugar free (as much as possible) for four weeks, and having a family with a sweet tooth (or sweet teeth....:P), I decided I wanted to try an alternative to cookies, making them super healthy, using whole wheat flour and honey. I'm still tweaking the recipe a little bit, but my family loved them, and ate every single last one of them, so I guess they must be a hit!


So these are just a few things I am thankful for today. What are you thankful for? Hopefully I can keep up this challenge for the rest of the month.

Stay strong in Jesus, and may He bless you tremendously!!

Because of His blood,
Faith Christine Rohlin
Galatians 2:20; 1 Corinthians 15:10

No comments:

Post a Comment