Thursday, October 18, 2012

Updated info on my Taiwan trip

Howdy, y'all!! I just thought I'd give a brief update on my upcoming Taiwan trip (which I am so excited about!......Did I mention how excited I am?!)

Preparations are starting to come together. I have started learning some new Chinese phrases such as "Is that fun?" "Excuse me, let me ask, do you speak English?" "Slow down a little. I don't speak Chinese well." And other useful phrases such as "I don't want any pig's blood." I am so grateful to have both my mom, who is very fluent in Mandarin Chinese, and my Dad here to teach me new phrases, and work with me. Also thankful for my Grandparents who have taught me a few phrases as well. I just called my Chinese teacher, who taught me Mandarin my last two years of high school, and she will be coming over to help write out the Chinese phonics (which is what I learned by) on some children's songs (because I just can't seem to get the pinyin down). She told me I can feel free to ask her as many questions as I want. I am so thankful to God for all the people that He has put in my life who are helping me along my journey.

Speaking of my journey, the mission trip has now been extended, which I am absolutely thrilled about!! Our trip will be from January 15th-February 11th! 27 days!! I am SUPER excited! Also, I will get to experience Chinese New Years in Taiwan, which my grandparents and mother tell me is madness, but I will just love the fact that I get to experience Chinese New Years at least once in Taiwan.

It also looks now like I will possibly be taking a trip up to Verity the week before we leave for Taiwan, so I can do some training with the rest of the Taiwan team.

So all this to say, I am super excited about the opportunities that God has brought, and that lie before me! Also though, I crave your prayers as I make some decisions, and also as I raise money. This is not a task that I can do on my own. And if anyone feels compelled to, all donations are very much appreciated. Just contact me if you would like to know how you can donate funds to send me to Taiwan to share the gospel of Jesus.

I am grateful to God my Father, who is faithful in all that He does. Two verses I am clinging to right now. 1 Thessalonians 5:24 "Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it." And Philippians 4:19 "But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus."

I know that the Lord wants me to go on the missions trip, so I know that He is able to provide, and that He will provide, because He is faithful to make happen whatever it is that He calls us to, if we step forward and faith, and trust Him.

Well, I will try my best to give any further updates as they come along! Stay strong in Jesus! He's got you! His death covers everything!!

Because of Jesus' blood,
Faith Christine
Galatians 2:20; 1 Corinthians 15:10

No comments:

Post a Comment